Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 2 Peter 1:2(NIV)
In a Nutshell, Grace is an UNBROKEN inflow of God’s nature into you, and a CONTINUOUS overflow of God’s power to you.
Grace comes from God to every child of God as a CONSTANT deposit of favour, and a PERMANENT credit of power. Therefore, you can only be victorious and prosperous in this life ONLY through the grace of God.
The 2-Dimensional workings of Grace
When you have an encounter with Jesus Christ by looking to Him as Saviour and yielding to Him as Lord, GRACE immediately begins to operate in your life in a 2-Dimensional way.
- The Passive Dimension : Secured Favour; you will be brought into an undeserved favour with God, and continue to gain privileges with men as done and Finished by Christ through his death on Calvary.
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of (NIV)
- The Active Dimension : Overflowing Dynamo [Divine Power] ; this becomes your immediate inheritance; everlasting consequence of the finished work of Christ. It is a divine enablement advance to your to live a Supernatural Life.
2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. (NIV)
The two SUPERNATURAL characteristics of Grace
- It is UNMERITED – nature ONLY answers to merit. Nature only rewards merit. To every cause, there is an effect. Galatians 6:7
- The imputation of favour became indispensable and necessary because of corruption injected into the World by sin – 2 Peter 1:4
- Supernatural favour was secured by Christ for our ultimate ESCAPE from the judgement of NATURE. Galatians 6:7
- No man has the capacity of merit to attract or secure God’s favour
- Divine Nature was provisioned for mankind only on Christ’s MERIT. God’s Riches At Christ Expense –GRACE
- It is UNLIMITED – the major attribute of nature is Limitation.
- There is time and season for everything under heaven – Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
- God has set a framework of boundaries and limits around nature – Proverbs 8:29 ; Acts 17:26;
- No man has capacity to function beyond natural laws; every attempt of men ends in catastrophe
- Divine Power is given to enables us to function as Sons of God, and as instruments of Righteousness. Titus 2:12
…the provisions of GRACE!
Grace provides Secured Prospect for an Assured Prosperity in God.
“And God is able to make all grace [every favour and earthly blessing] come in abundance to you, so that you may always [under all circumstances, regardless of the need] have complete sufficiency in everything [being completely self-sufficient in Him], and have an abundance for every good work and act of charity.” 2 Corinthians 9:8 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Grace provides an immunity against Spiritual Failure, and an antidote for Moral defeat.
“Therefore let us [with privilege] approach the throne of grace [that is, the throne of God’s gracious favour] with confidence and without fear, so that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find [His amazing] grace to help in time of need [an appropriate blessing, coming just at the right moment].” Hebrews 4:16 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Grace refills for a refined beginning in the days of stumbling.
“For he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: God opposes the proud but shows favour to the humble” James 4:6
Grace provides Divine Power for a Defined Purpose.
It gives a Supernatural Enablement for a Specific Assignments.
”for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power” Philippians 4:13 The Living Bible (TLB)
Grace provides dispensable CURRENCY for kingdom citizens; it is always available, always sufficient, and always dispensable.
- It is disposable to those on mission with God, and expendable by every believer at the expense of Christ.
- It is the SUPERNATURAL currency given to a covenant people at peace with God, and on mission with Him
“…through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.” Romans 5:2 New International Version (NIV)
June 07, 2022
June 02, 2022
April 16, 2022