Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Trusting the Holy Spirit for insight and understanding, we will together ponder upon an important factor for daily victory, and an essential requirement to seeing God in our daily experiences in life.
Holiness is not what is needed to please God; faith is, rather it is the only condition to see God, and it is indispensable for daily and total victory in every area of life; victory over failures, victory over the enemy, victory over delays and setbacks, and bringing victory to the lives of men.
I do not intend to write this book as another thesis of rules and regulations, laws and principles, or dos and don’ts on pleasing God. Not at all! We do not walk by rules or laws in pleasing God. Accepting the grace of God through faith is all that is required to please God and for God to be pleased with us. But without Holiness, no man shall see God. Therefore, there is need for you and me to be holy, not necessarily for God’s sake, but as a condition to see the Lord Work and Walk everyday in our lives.
We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 2 Corinthians 6:1
|The call unto holiness is not a call to please God, but a call to see God|
Do not let the opportunity that God has provided you to walk with him waste; do not let it be in vain, do not squander the grace of God.
It is not your ability to obey laws and rules that makes you holy, rather it is how much gain you make of the grace of God; how much you allow the operation of God’s grace in your consciousness, how much understanding of the measure of grace that is working within you both to will and to do according to His purpose, and how soon you realize that there is nothing you can do to please God without faith. God has called us unto grace. He has called and empowered us to do what humanly speaking we cannot do, except by faith.
The call unto holiness is not a call to please God, but a call to see God: sustaining and maintaining the presence of God in and around us. So, as we explore together the motivation for holy living, I want us to take along with us the understanding of the following truth:
- Holiness and sorrow or sadness are not synonymous, they are not identical in any form.
- Holiness is not poverty and cannot flow together. What makes you poor is not because you are holy, and you are not holy because you are poor or rich.
- Holiness is not for people that are struggling with their identity as a believer. Rather it is for people who are conscious of the presence of God in their lives, and desire to cultivate and sustain it.
- Holiness is not for people that are confused about life. But it is for people who have an understanding of God’s will and purpose for their lives, and who are ready to follow it through with God.
- Holiness is not for the complacent, self-righteous, self-satisfied, and the presumptuous. But for an individual who is mindful that God Is Holy and His eyes cannot behold sin.
|The reason for many failures and weakness is because God has not found a place to dwell in us.|
Our God is glorious in Holiness, and the glory of God manifests in Holiness. The reason for many failures and weakness is because God has not found a place to dwell in us. So, no matter what we do or want to achieve in life, if we cannot get God to go with us, it is all a waste of time. The essence of Holiness is remaining the temple where God can dwell.
Notice that I said remaining and not becoming, because we have already become the temple of the living God on the premise of grace obtained by faith through Christ.
… For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; …
2 Corinthians 6:16
So, the issue of holiness is:
- Not becoming a dwelling place for God, but remaining a dwelling place
- Not obtaining grace for supernatural living, but cultivating the innumerable measure of grace we have received in Christ so that it won’t be in vain,
- Not fighting for victory in our daily experience, but sustaining the presence of God for constant victory,
- Not encountering divine visitation occasionally, but experiencing unbroken divine presence
- Not obeying rules and regulations to be holy, but maintaining your status of Holiness obtained in Christ.
The truth is, there cannot be total victory, if your life cannot create room for God to work and walk. I do not see godly success if you cannot harbour and retain the presence of God. What makes the difference is whether God is present in your life.
Therefore, do not let the opportunity that God has provided you to walk with him waste. Do not let the grace of God be useless in your life as an individual. Maximize the grace of God over your life according to His will, word and purpose for your life. Be Holy.